Monday, February 23, 2009

Meeting the folks



Yesterday I met a younger version of Fidel Castro and his trainee; Lauren Che Gevara... It was the best thing that could of happen to me. These guys were fantastic. Not only we totally motivated eachother (We were all totally unmotivated because of the strong head wind, lack of sleep pushing the machine a bit too far for a couple of days... Jared, did I mention Tequila?) but they almost converted me into a vegetarian too after we consumed half of a wallmart fruit and vegetable section when we arrived in Deming, NM.

Fidel and Lawren also planted the BLOG seed in my brain... Right now it is growing into something I am not to sure about, but I find the blog thing pretty amusing. The only bummer is to deal with the translation thing and that's a turn off, but I'll figure something... I'll adjust.

They both have tons of miles on their wheels and are fun company. Lauren rode accross the USA in many directions and she is well traveled. As for Fidel... I am not sure, but all I know is that he always have this contagious laugh right under his beard, he loves taking pictures of dead cows in the desert and he realy realy realy like "cliff bars" (which aparently can knock off tooth fillings) that he finds in dumpsters. I think the only thing he doesn't like is Lauren buying m&m's... ;)

I will probably meet with them in a couple of days in Las Cruses after I am done marinating here (Deming)... I kinda waited all day for my laptop to show up and I feel a little too much BestWesterned right now. I'll be happy to reunite with my little tent, my Lost Dog and my oat meal... Ok enough... 1:00am gmmmmmm

J'ai parlé au copain Pierre tantot et il semblerait qu'on ait de la visite au Québec dans un proche futur... Est-ce simplement une rumeur? En tout cas, si quelqu'un le vois, dites lui que mon frigo est plein et Je crois même avoir entendu Fred ranconter quelques histoire a propos d'une bouteille de scotch! mmm A voir!

3 comments:

  1. martin! i have been trying to comment on here for a while but it has been difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i think it went through...the m&m's you obtained are making me jealous!

    jared and i had a wonderful time with you! we hope that we can meet up with you again in the future!

    ReplyDelete